This is a decadent dish that is perfect for a cool autumn evening.
Illustrator & Animator
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
5 Tbsp cocoa powder
4 oz butter (European style butter preferred)
400g tea cookies (plain is best) (3 cups)
About this Recipe
Tinginys translated from Lithuanian means sloth/lazy man. As its name suggests, this dessert is extremely simple and easy to make yet delicious! It requires no baking and only needs 4 ingredients!
Note: If possible, use European style butter, or if you can’t find it, aim for the higher fat butter. Fats help the mixture to solidify better.
- Crumble tea cookies into medium size chunks (approximately ½ inch), and place in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, then add the condensed milk and add the cocoa powder while stirring often until it’s smooth and no lumps remain.
- Cook on medium-low heat, stirring often to combine. Cook for a few minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Place the cookie chunks into a large bowl and pour over the sauce pan mixture. Stir until every piece of cookie is coated.
- Pour everything into a loaf plan with plastic wrap. Evenly distributed throughout.
- Tightly pull the plastic wrap together to form a round loaf. Press firmly so there are no gaps.
- Let the sloth sit at room temperature for about thirty minutes to an hour and then chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Thinly slice and serve with a cup of coffee or tea.