2 cups of sugar
2 large cans of sliced peaches-heavy syrup
4oz butter cut into small pieces
2 pie crusts
3 Tbsp vanilla
Nutmeg (to sprinkle)
About this Recipe
This recipe was not passed down from generation to generation like most recipes are. It was actually given to my mom by a lady who worked with her at Allstate. Over the years, she came to perfect the dish to what it is now. It’s quick, simple, and loved by everyone.
- Heat oven at 350°F (175°C)
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and add sugar, pour in slowly.
- Open 1 can of peaches and drain syrup. Keep the syrup!
- Add all the peaches to the bowl and stir.
- In a 9×12 pan, roll out and flatten the pie crust. Pour the bowl of peaches in the crust.
- Add sliced butter to the mixture. Sprinkle nutmeg on top of the mixture.
- Grab the 2nd pie crust and slice into long pieces and place the crust on top of the mixture.
- Place the dish in the oven.
- Bake for 1hr and 45 mins or until brown on top.