This is a decadent dish that is perfect for a cool autumn evening.
⅓ cup sliced almonds
2 tsp sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp sweet wine (Manischewitz Concord Grape)
*Feel free to double or triple the recipe as needed
About this Recipe
Charoset (har-o-set/her-o-sis) is a traditional Jewish food and one of the main symbols used on the Seder Plate to help tell the story of Passover.
- Peel and dice an apple into small pieces.
- Chop ⅓ cup of sliced almonds.
- Combine the diced apple and chopped almonds in a bowl.
- Add sugar and cinnamon and stir.
- Add 2 Tbsp of wine and mix.
- Taste and add more sugar, cinnamon, or wine as preferred.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
- If desired, serve with matzo.