Designer & Animator
1 French baguette
½ stick of butter (optional)
10oz of cherry tomatoes
1 small red onion
8oz fresh mozzarella cheese
1 fresh parsley
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
6oz bottle balsamic glaze
6-8 fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground pepper
Dash of salt
Dash of garlic powder (optional)
¼ stick butter for bread (optional)
About this Recipe
Caprese Bruschetta is a delicious and light appetizer best served on a warm summer evening. It pairs beautifully with a nice red wine and is a quick and easy starter for a dinner party.
- Preheat your oven or toaster oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice your baguette into 1 inch slices (2-2.5 cm), and spread out on a large flat baking pan.
- Melt your half stick of butter (butter optional) and lightly brush your butter onto the slices before baking.
- Bake the baguette slices for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- With a large chef’s knife, quarter your cherry tomatoes and place them into the bowl.
- Shred or chop your mozzarella ball into an equal amount to your quartered tomatoes.
- Slice a large piece of your red onion (about ⅙ th) and finely chop.
- Roll your basil leaves and parsley together into a tightly fit ball and chop finely. Tip: Remove the stalks from your parsley leaves before chopping.
- Once all of your main ingredients are placed into the bowl, top with some freshly ground pepper and a dash of salt.
- Pour in 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil and mix together with a large spoon
- Scoop a portion of the mix onto a piece of baguette, garnish with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Enjoy!